Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at the Holdsworth Street entrance near to Trentham Memorial Park, Trentham, Upper Hutt. The course is ran on a mixture of tarmac paths, concrete paths and gravel paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Trentham Memorial parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Trentham Memorial parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is a two lap course with an small section of out and back in each lap. There is a mix of surfaces, sealed, asphalt, and compacted gravel.
From the start/finish line heading around the outside of Barton’s Bush, then following the path up over the stop bank and turning right when you reach the riverside, heading north along the sealed path to our turn around point, where you’ll see an orange cone and a sign. Once turned you’ll be heading back along the river, back over the stop bank, keeping the stop bank to your left heading straight along the compacted gravel towards Barton’s Bush, through the bush keeping the unbroken fence to your left, exiting the bush turn right and you are 94 meters to the start/finish line, except you have two laps to do!
Bathroom facilities are located to the left of the carpark entrance from Brentwood Street.
Location of startOur start/finish line is 95 meters along the path from the Holdsworth Street entrance to Trentham Memorial Park, or from the Brentwood Street carpark the start/finish line is approximately 250 meters. Carpark entrance 43 Brentwood Street, Trentham, Upper Hutt. You can also enter by foot from Holdsworth Street, Trentham.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: There is a bus stop at the carpark entrance of 43 Brentwood Street, Metlink bus route 114 operates between Upper Hutt and Trentham train stations. Please see metlink.org.nz for current timetables.
Train: Trentham train station is located in Ararino Street, Trentham. The Hutt Valley Line operates between Wellington and Upper Hutt and the current timetables are available on the Metlink website.
The Wairarapa train line operates between Masterton and Wellington, but only stops at Upper Hutt train station.
Getting there on footFrom the Trentham train station in Ararino Street, head down Totara Street, When safe to do so cross the road, Fergusson Drive to enter the Trentham Memorial Park, follow the path way through the park, head past the kids child playground on your left and carpark to the right, towards the start/finish line.
Getting there by roadFrom South of Upper Hutt exit state highway 2 at the Silverstream bridge exit, travel along Fergusson drive 3.8KM and turn left into Brentwood Street, proceed to 43 Brentwood street to enter the carpark to Trentham Memorial park, parking spaces found near the playground.
From North of Upper Hutt, exit State Highway 2, at the Moonshine Road exit and take your 1st right into Holdsworth Street, turn left into Brentwood Street, proceed to the car park entrance to Trentham Memorial park, parking spots near the playground, our start/finish line is approximately 250 meters from the carpark.